Considering switching jobs back, and would like people's thoughts.

Hey all, first, some background:

This past month I *finally* got a new job working in a corporate position as a secretary. It has good benefits, and I'm making more than I have before, which is nice. It's also been nice having actual weekends that my girlfriend and I can share together. That said, I've been doing a lot of thinking (on my own and through therapy) about what I want in a job, and what I want a job to do for me, and it's made me realize a few things: I want to maximize the amount of time I have in my life to enjoy life and do the things that I want to do. This job really made me realize that when looked at how vacation time works, and realized that I'll have a max of 10 days for the first five years. I went to school for education, but left that when I realized that I didn't really want to teach. I like working with kids, but not as a teacher. This has me toying with going back to school for school counseling, because education is essentially the only career I know of that gives three months off each year, along with major holidays throughout the year. I've realized that I do value that time off enough to warrant the trade off.

Now, with all of that background: As I was toying (increasingly towards actually) going back to school, I've thought about how I'll need a job that will allow me to actually have time to study and do the work. To that end, I've considered going back to my old job in a grocery store. They still haven't filled my old full time position, and they liked how I was performing in the role, so it's tempting to try my hand and see if I could get back in. That temptation has grown a lot as I've realized increasingly that this job isn't what I thought it was (surprise, surprise) and then especially when I got a vacation payout check in the mail, and realized that since starting full time at the grocery store I had already gotten a raise, and at the rate it was going, I probably would have been making *more* than currently if I had stayed in that position for the next year or two. I'd like to make a decision about school soon, which means I'll need to make this decision soon too if I want this.

Here's the big issue: This current job is one a friend who also works at the firm got for me, and then the whole fact that I've only been there for a month... I feel like those issues speak for themselves. I'm just looking to see: what do the people here have to say about this situation. What are your thoughts?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Considering switching jobs back, and would like people's thoughts. Considering switching jobs back, and would like people's thoughts. Reviewed by Louhi on juillet 25, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.