Getting paid 50 cents above the minimum wage // Ontario Canada

I was promoted to become a store manager about 6 months ago-sometime around March. I've been working there since December 2017 and the store has been opened since then. I started MIT (Manager in training) and was given a 50 cent raise just last month.. I feel like I have been really let down by the company and I am given so many tasks -- customer complaints, scheduling, meetings, inventory ordering, training, hiring, monthly reports trying to appeal to both customers and my employees and even more.... I was trying to ask for a raise ever since I was promoted and their excuses were: I am too young (I am 22 years old), I am going back to school soon.. which is true but I feel like that has nothing to do with the promotion since I told them that I was going back to school 2 years from now since I need a break from that and wanted to sort my life out, and that the other managers in the company all start off with a 50 cent wage increase

I'm really at a lost at what to do because I am managing a store all by myself with all these responsibilities and the company is not helping at all. I am poorly trained, literally got put into the position because the old manager transferred locations and just chose me to manage since the other employees went back to school and I was the only full-time employee. I was trained by the old manager how to do inventory and ordering for about 3 weeks, and that was about it. That was the only MIT training I received, and had to figure out everything by myself - this included hiring people, firing people, scheduling, monthly reports, money issues, etc,.

I have the companies orientation/policy package and for wage increases it says:

Performance wage review timing:

General Crew (Ontario) As of January 1, 2018 the general crew positions of people 18 and over or Non-Student should be getting paid minimum wage $14 an hour. When experienced, then they get paid $15.60 an hour. The general crew of Student under 18 gets paid a starting rate of $13.15 and when experienced they get paid $15.60 an hour. *Certain guidelines have been established for determining increases for those at or over the experienced rate. However, the term experienced does not mean that your wage rate is frozen at that level. Instead, it means that the increase amounts have changed.

Performance Review frequency and wage increase amounts:

The general crew gets 90 day check-in (3 months after hire date) \I did not get a 90 day check-in**

The general crew gets a performance review cycle every 6 months \This is did not happen either**

The general crew gets a wage increase annually on March 31 \I was promoted to be a manager beginning of March*

Wage increase - Annually on March 31

|0 - 3 months| |3 - 6 months| |6 - 12 months| |12 mon+ under exp| |12 mon over exp|

E - Excellent N/A 15 cent 20 cent 35 cent 25 cent

M - Meets Standards 5cent 10 cent 15 cent 25 cent 20 cent

N - Needs Improvement 0 0 0 0 0

I am not part of the general crew anymore.. as I am the store manager but I am an inexperienced store manager in training... It says the wage increase is annually on March 31 and it's past that, but isn't a raise and a promotion different anyways? I showed this to my boss and he told me he promises to give me a raise as soon as sales increase, and that I really don't need a raise if sales increase cos I get a cut of the sales every month (this cut of sales I receive every month is $100--they call it a profit sharing plan, which is ridiculous because my store alone earns about 70k a month... do the math). They also say that my store should actually be earning 100k a month or more since it is a 'big store' this company makes probably half a million on one of their popular stores. There is probably about 70 stores in Ontario and they are expanding rapidly and hoping, globally.

Minimum wage in Ontario is $14 per hour. I am currently being paid $14.50 per hour as a store manager with $100 profit sharing every month ONLY if I reach 97% of my sales goal each month.. If I do not reach this, then I do not receive the bonus. I was also wondering about salary as well as benefits because I do not get benefits and given the title I do not get paid salary either.

I never signed anything saying I am manager in the company, but I did sign this policy agreement saying I work at the company .. Also, I signed documents at the mall that the store is located in stating that I am the manager, and I have a sheet that shows the hierarchy of the company -- CEO, Vice President, Regional manager, Store manager, supervisors, etc, etc,. and my name is on that hierarchy list, so I wonder if that counts? I'm really at a lost at what to do.. Am I allowed to bring this issue to the labour board of Canada even without signed documents? Or should I just quit this job and just find some other place to work at? I'm not too sure about what I'm allowed to do or what I can do, I am only 22 years old so this is really new to me. I just wanted to work there to earn money for school instead of using OSAP cos I'm already 20k in the gutter from OSAP and switching majors.

Some advice, tips, or helpful information to help me get through this would be very appreciated.

TLDR; I earn 50 cents over the minimum wage at a company in Ontario, Canada as a retail store manager (6 months MIT) and need help or reassurance that this is normal and if it's not then some advice on what to do.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Getting paid 50 cents above the minimum wage // Ontario Canada Getting paid 50 cents above the minimum wage // Ontario Canada Reviewed by Louhi on octobre 16, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.