What’s appropriate conduct for a manager when their employees get sick?

I’m an assistant manager in the service industry.

I contracted a flu-like bug, but still went into work. I told my boss I was sick, but I wanted to show how dedicated I was by working through the illness. My boss told me they had enough people for me to take the day off I wanted, but I said I was okay.

In the middle of our mid-day rush, I ran through the dining room, towards the restroom, so I could puke. But I ended up puking right in front of our customers and in the middle of the dining area.

I went to the bathroom to clean up, then left in embarrassment. On my way out the door, I passed in front of my manager. They were busy with guests, but they didn’t say anything to me.

Later that day, they called me to ask me if anyone was going to cover my shift. They didn’t even ask how I was doing or anything. Not that I expect them to ask, but I thought that was kind of interesting. Also, they had told me that they had enough people, so I was confused as to why they were now so concerned about staffing. Then they told me they need me to sleep a lot, with the implication being that they need me to rest so I can show up again tomorrow.

I don’t expect to be treated like a king, but that whole sequence of events made me wonder how managers are supposed to react to employees who are going through hard times or whatever. I mean, the fact that I tried to work through that illness and only stopped when I ended up puking is way more effort than I’ve seen out of anyone.

I want to call-in next shift, but I almost wonder if that’s okay.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

What’s appropriate conduct for a manager when their employees get sick? What’s appropriate conduct for a manager when their employees get sick? Reviewed by Louhi on février 20, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.