Does a Master's only equal one year of experience in most fields?

Let me explain - my work hired a new person at the same level I am now, who had a Master's. I was hired with a Bachelor's one level below him, and promoted to the same level after a year and a few months. I remember out of college when I was applying for jobs, a lot of the time they'd ask for a degree in a list of fields, x amount of years of work experience in that field, and a lot of them would say a Master's degree could be substituted for one year of work experience. Now obviously, there are some specialized degrees like counseling that require a Master's, and obviously an MBA usually opens a lot of doors, but it's starting to seem like in most fields, a Master's doesn't really count for much. Like if you have a Bachelor's in say Biology, or English, it doesn't seem to me like it's worth it to get a Master's in the exact same field, since you're spending five or six figures and at least two years to get something that would put you one year of working ahead.

Also, when I was applying for jobs, it seemed that the most common educational requirement by far was the four year degree. There were a few technician postings that required only an Associate's, and a few that even accepted just a high school diploma. I came across some specialized ones that required a Doctorate or a professional degree like a JD, but very few, if any, do I recall needing a Master's, though this may have been a result of me looking for generalized jobs at the Bachelor's level.

What do you guys think?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Does a Master's only equal one year of experience in most fields? Does a Master's only equal one year of experience in most fields? Reviewed by Louhi on mars 07, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.