How do I communicate to my manager that it's impossible for me to do the required overtime?

When I interviewed for this company it was emphasized that they didn't allow overtime except in rare circumstances. It would be a regular 8-5 40 hours per week job. Ever since I finished orientation and my probation period, I've been required to work a minimum of 50 hours per week, sometimes more. During training I didn't get to meet any other employees except the manager, who was training us, since everyone works from home. According to my coworkers, they've been required to work 50-60 hours per week for almost a year now, despite protests, despite employees breaking down, and despite layoffs that led to extra work.

I've already emailed my manager that I've been having difficulty working the 10 hours of overtime each week. I have family members I have to help care for. And the only time I actually have to work overtime is after 10 pm. This has meant that I've slept around 5 hours per night the past few months. I'm at my wits end, and can't keep this up. My productivity and work quality has suffered. My health has suffered. And I expressed as much in the email, in a more professional manner. I also emphasized that I am willing and able to work some overtime, just not as much as required.

The response from my manager is what confuses me. He said that I could do the overtime when I had the time. To not take shorter lunches or skip breaks. And that he doesn't want anyone working at certain hours in order to guarantee we get adequate sleep. I responded that this may mean that I won't be able to complete mandatory overtime. He replied that as long as I got the required work done, then even better if I didn't need the overtime to do it. Which confuses me. I finish my required work and more, even asking for more to do, all without needing overtime. But it's still mandatory?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How do I communicate to my manager that it's impossible for me to do the required overtime? How do I communicate to my manager that it's impossible for me to do the required overtime? Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 26, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.