I am freshly out of college with a degree in software engineering, and I haven't had a ton of luck with the job search. This is partially due to me being a bit picky and staying in my hometown for family reasons. I have over 60 applications out for various entry level developer/software positions and I am starting to worry that the experience on my resume just isn't good enough. Even with a good internship lasting 6 months, a high GPA, and lots of exposure to different languages and such in my education, most of calls end in "Sorry, but we were looking for 'x' years of experience in 'y' language."
I was considering building my own website for two reasons. The first being that I should probably have built my own website if I am applying to web developer positions. The second reason is that I wanted some way of compiling my projects, achievements, and interests to show that I have those skills work ethic. That being said, I was immediately turned off by the price tag. I was looking at BlueHost and it seems like I would end up spending $140 - $180 upfront for a 3 year plan, which is a significant portion for me as I'm looking for a source of income. Is building a website worth it? Is it more worth it to just really brush up my linkedin and call it a day? I'm just wondering if the website is a good thought, worth the money, and if employers are actually going to look at it.
I also considered taking that same money and instead pursuing some certifications if possible, but I don't know what I'm getting into from that front yet.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: