Jack of all trades, master of none, having trouble getting a new job

I quit my job 5 months ago, both to get a rest because I was mentally unstable and also to try and find new knowledge. This, however, hasn't been working too well, and even though I don't regret the time I took, I'm having trouble landing a new job.

I'm 28 (and, for some kind of context, in Europe), with a degree in Computer Sciences & Engineering. I've worked for six months as a mobile developer on a startup company, and for a little over two years developing games on another company. Work on the latter also involved me doing sound design and minor Photoshop work, if that's relevant.

Despite this, I'm not incredibly passionate for IT. I like to explore a lot of areas, and I can't seem to focus on anything in particular unless I really like it. And if I do, I often get to a point where it feels like my knowledge is 'enough' and I just stop seriously investing more time and effort into it. And this applies to pretty much all the fields I mention below.

I've been working for 8 years as a freelance videographer and photographer (a lot of my work can be found on my Vimeo);

I'm also a musician. In 2010 I founded a band that released two albums independently, to some moderate success nationally and internationally, and I've also done many other things. Like music for videogames (which is something I'd love to explore), and also here's me playing, just for kicks;

When it comes to IT though, it's the field I've been mostly looking into getting a job, considering I have a degree, there's no lack of job offers, and it's generally what pays the most. I just keep sucking at interviews though because I really am forced to invest myself in learning. When I worked as a developed in my last job, I used proprietary language - even though it was OOP - so it really isn't of much use in terms of curriculum, sadly.

I just can't find anything I'm passionate about. I'd love to work in video, I'd love to make music/audio for videogames, and as for anything else, I wouldn't mind doing anything... as long as someone actually gives me a job lol. I have trouble demonstrating enthusiasm during interviews because of that, and I rarely ever get to the technical ones anyway because for most interviewers (in the IT business) I come off as someone fresh out of college who doesn't have much knowledge yet. I guess most of it rusted after these three years and you need to constantly keep yourself up to speed on the latest new thing. I've been trying to take some courses, but I don't even know where to start. Frontend? Backend? Mobile development? I've done a few hours of these, but then I kind of just lose track and feel like I'm not going nowhere because I don't have a set goal.

My other problem is that I'm unable to look at a 'job' as life defining. Pay is crappy in pretty much any job, and I put a lot of time into investing and trading (except I don't really have a lot of money to do that), but I'd like to eventually lead a care free life in 10-15 years if everything goes well in that aspect. That's also why I'm not super enthusiastic about focusing my life in a particular field (that I don't absolutely love at least).

So how am I supposed to approach this? Has anyone been in a similar situation?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Jack of all trades, master of none, having trouble getting a new job Jack of all trades, master of none, having trouble getting a new job Reviewed by Louhi on avril 04, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.