Good afternoon r/jobs,
US citizen. Job is in the US.
I was working at a public school as a long term sub and had passed all the licensure exams to get a provisional license and become a teacher (provided in five years I pass a masters in education I would get a full professional license). Unfortunately...schools are close where I live and I have been looking for something in my initial field (Environmental and policy based or legal).
I have received an offer from a company after a pretty good interview (on my end) that is still churning like nothing is going on in the outside world. It’s a very large company.
Needless to say this position would put me at risk of infection (almost assuredly on a daily basis at this point). The job offer is substantial, pushing 70k total, though the base salary is less than I expected ($2 an hour less than I asked for).
Additionally, I would have about an hour commute on good days (every day at the moment) but that would put my mother and sister plus extended (older) family at risk of exposure...
The big kicker is that I take a drug for a autoimmune disorder that is an immunosuppressant. It isn’t an extremely heavy immunosuppressant, but if I get a fever I need to call my doctor and have check in’s to ensure my health (otherwise I am a very healthy person and well under age thirty).
I am at a loss here. I would likely ask for relocation assistance (closer) and the $2 difference then accept under better circumstances. However, I feel rather trapped by the possibility of catching this virus at the wrong time and really getting slammed by it (possibly fatal mistake with my condition combined with the lack of resources and growing rate of hospitalizations).
Family isn’t in love with the prospect and is constantly sending me articles backing themselves up. I also asked quite a few questions regarding Covid and the internal response, the answers were distressingly honest at the current state of affairs. Lack of gloves (wouldn’t be able to handle the load, we would run out in a couple shifts), social distancing as a policy (people huddle and gravity brings people together, plus many people just can’t think straight...).
Friends think it’s a decent position that I could leave after a year if I needed too, which is fine I could stay a few years then move on...but my issue is now. I’m not sure I would be around in two years...and I’m also not sure if I’m blowing this out of proportion due to anxiety or watching coverage or seeing to many terrifying graphs.
Could someone objective chime in on their thoughts about this position?
Thank you for any help you could give.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: