I work at Google Operations Center where OTs are pre-approved

So I just got hired at my current position last June and technically, I’m still in training. However, I already have 2 overtime occurrences last week due to some urgent situations that needed my assistance. Anyway, I talked to my team lead about it, and he told me that I could not file for OT (even when I did 2 hours of total OT) because it should be pre-approved. I just find it really stupid because of the nature of the job itself - it is impossible to know if you need to do an OT beforehand given that the clients would sometimes respond 5 minutes before the end of your shift and when it’s “urgent” you’re supposed to respond right away or complete their request asap.

This is my first OTY (Overtime Thank You - meaning you’re not getting paid for it), and it’s pissing me off. I asked my mentor about it and she told me “Welcome to your first of many OTYs” and I was like “WTF, this is Google and why do I need to do unpaid overtimes?” THAT IS NOT OKAY! I don’t understand why people can be OKAY with this. It is so frustrating.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I work at Google Operations Center where OTs are pre-approved I work at Google Operations Center where OTs are pre-approved Reviewed by Louhi on août 30, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.