Received a conditional offer today, emailed the recruiter to advise that I probably couldn't take it, she called me to tell me to try anyway...wracking my brain to figure out why. Any ideas?

So, I'm in Oregon and just got an offer for a pretty nice job. The only issue with the offer is that it's contingent on a drug test, which had not been discussed at any point during the interview process. While illegal on a federal level, marijuana is legal on a state level and most employers here don't test. I was pretty surprised.

I mulled around for a couple of hours and decided that I didn't want to mess around with urine in a bottle or anything else nefarious, and emailed the recruiter directly to advise her that I would love to take the offer, but I won't pass the drug test and that I didn't want to waste their time and resources.

She called me a bit ago to say that she got my email and that yes, they are federally regulated and all that, but that I am still welcome to go ahead and take the test. I reiterated to her that I didn't want to waste the company's resources, and that integrity is a big deal in the industry and that it was important for me to do this right. She told me that she couldn't give me any specifics, but, again, that I was welcome to take the test and that she appreciated my honesty. I went ahead and accepted the position and scheduled the drug test, which there is no way I can possibly pass (seriously).

Why do you think this exchange happened? I've been sitting here wracking my brain for the last hour and I've got a whole lot of speculation. Any insight you all could provide would be greatly appreciated.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Received a conditional offer today, emailed the recruiter to advise that I probably couldn't take it, she called me to tell me to try anyway...wracking my brain to figure out why. Any ideas? Received a conditional offer today, emailed the recruiter to advise that I probably couldn't take it, she called me to tell me to try anyway...wracking my brain to figure out why. Any ideas? Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 13, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.