Need survival tactics for a hellish job

I’ve been at the worst job of my career for nearly a full year. My patience is spent, and I am in need of ways to survive the disorganization and general ineptitude of my supervisor who is also the creative director and answers to no one.

For background, I am one of three part-time employees for a small PR agency in a small town just outside of the metropolitan area of the state capital. My predecessors have all lasted less than a year in the role, and I’m working with the third admin since March. The high turnover in both positions is largely because of low pay and bad management.

Examples of the bad management include the following:

--Paycheck has been late seven times, including being four business days late.

-- She became distraught about another employee’s sick leave and eventual resignation that she came into the office screaming at me that I “didn’t respect her” but she “respected the hell out of [me]” because I told her truthfully that I hadn’t heard from the co-worker. The resignation letter arrived via email the next day.

-- Her dyslexia means she cannot write or read really well. This has caused issues with editing information for mass distribution (eblasts, press releases, social media posts, contracts, etc.). She gets defensive about corrections and makes the same mistakes repeatedly.

--My email has failed three times, and I’ve had to use her personal gmail account for professional correspondence.

-- --She sends passive-aggressive emails about how people close doors or the hook in the closet where you hang your bag.

I’ve tried to distance myself from the job by agreeing to a steady part-time schedule and declining to engage with my boss or colleagues away from the office. Still, I find myself becoming visibly annoyed and frustrated. I need to create ways to quell my justified anger until I can secure another position.

Any advice or commiseration is welcomed and appreciated. Thank you!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Need survival tactics for a hellish job Need survival tactics for a hellish job Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 12, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.