How to negotiate more than the provided salary range of a position?

I just recently finished an interview for a financial analyst position and was told that the range of the positon is 55~65k base salary. I told the recruiter that I am looking for a 65~75k range to which the recruiter replied with: “it looks like you are already on top of the range” and then we continued the conversation for a few more minutes, going over the position, questions, etc.

I thought that the recruiter won’t schedule me for the in-person interview, since I was asking for more, but she did, just after 2 hours of the phone interview. (And she definitely passed my recorded phone screen to the managers who agreed to bring me on-site.) I am confident that I will get a job offer since I know very well the job and what it requires. But I won’t be happy if I only get 65k and am thinking to negotiate more than the range. Reasons why im asking for more is:

1) my market value is higher than that because I also have a master’s in the field, compared to the bachelors that the position requires.

2) the position only requires 1~2 years experience, I bring ~4 years of experience

3) the average market rate of the FA position in my area based on glassdoor, is 71K

4) I am getting interviews from positions that are even paying higher than the average, different industries but they are paying 80~90 k. I can wait and get paid much better, I’m in no hurry, I already have a job.

I know that anchoring is one of the most widely techniques used by recruiters to low-ball you so I’m aware of that. I know that the main reason why the recruiter mentioned that is to keep my expectations around that range, so what I plan to do is:

If they do extend me an offer I want to thank them and all that and tell them that I will get back to them. Now can I counter them with 75k ? Which would be the top of my range or would that be too much?

Ideally I want that 75k (don’t know if they will do it) and definitely don’t want to settle for less than the average of my area (71k) at the worst-case scenario. I’d be happy if they give me 72-73k, I would take that. My question is: How should I go about doing the negotiation?

1) The recruiter calls. 2) I tell her thank you for the offer, I will get back to you. 3) Then call them and say I want 75k? Thinking to start with the 75k and provide them with the reasons listed above why I am asking for that.
Or any better strategies/negotiating tips I can use?

Thank you all.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How to negotiate more than the provided salary range of a position? How to negotiate more than the provided salary range of a position? Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 25, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.