For those who could not get a single interview (phone or in person), what changes did you make to your cover letter/resume/applications that actually helped, if any?

Sorry if something like this has been asked or posted many times before, but on mobile it doesn’t seem to weed out searches that well... :(

Background:

I (23F) graduated university in June 2019 and have been applying to jobs since. Applied to 100s of jobs (which I know is typical), but I have not been able to land even a single phone interview (besides 1 that did lead to an in-person interview, but fell through).

I have no idea what I’m doing wrong anymore truthfully. I thought my cover letter was decent, I have strong references, and thought my resume was pretty good for a recent college graduate (internships, 200+ hours of volunteer work, was the Business Lead for a major engineering organization on campus and for an engineering project that was under the same org, and I even passed exams to obtain technical certifications [MSCA]).

All of my peers and friends seem to be landing jobs in the positions and fields that I am applying for, when they have “less” on their resumes or have done less. And a lot of them seem to be landing jobs in great companies too.

I’m starting to think I’m doing something wrong (or not doing something right).

So finally, is there anyone here who was in a similar boat and made changes to your resumes/applications, that made a difference in the number of interviews you were able to land (phone or in-person)?

Also for reference, I live in California (LA/ OC), and I have been applying to other states as well.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

For those who could not get a single interview (phone or in person), what changes did you make to your cover letter/resume/applications that actually helped, if any? For those who could not get a single interview (phone or in person), what changes did you make to your cover letter/resume/applications that actually helped, if any? Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 13, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.