Searching for criteria rather than job title

I've viewed this subreddit off and on for a year or more now and finally have decided to post. I've been unemployed for 3.5 months now (it hurts to type that) and have been struggling with what direction to go for a career. My background is in heavy civil construction management and hands on fabrication work (metal and wood). I'm trying to avoid going back to construction management because I found it boring and not very challenging. I don't want to do the hands on work as it beats you up, the work isn't steady and it doesn't pay very well. So in my quest to try and match my skills I've developed with a new career path I've decided to make a list of what I'm looking for in a job (challenging, room for growth, skills and concepts to learn, good work environment etc.). Once I made that list I had to define what all those things meant and I did it in a way so it didn't stick me into one job category. For example, I defined "challenging" as something that involves critical thinking, possible research, application of math or data analysis through spreadsheets etc. I could have just defined challenging as "design work" but that would stick me into a job category when I want to broaden my reach.

So after I had this list I realized that MOST jobs are not posted to reflect the criteria I'm looking for. My question is, how do I take these criteria and find a job that fits them(I ranked the criteria as well because I'm certain that no job will fit everything I want to be the exact perfect career)? I could email "headhunter" recruiters and see if they can match me or I could email hiring managers at different local companies. Aside from that, does anyone have suggestions?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Searching for criteria rather than job title Searching for criteria rather than job title Reviewed by Louhi on mars 08, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.