Hi all, I'm hoping you can offer some advice or experience if you've been in a similar situation. For reference, I am 26 in Ontario, Canada.
I currently work in digital marketing at a small agency, and am looking to leave my job. I am simply not happy in my position or the work environment.
I've been interviewing regularly, which is great. Around 1-2 phone/in-person interviews every week or so.
I interviewed for a digital media position in our municipal government on Tuesday of this week. Today (Thursday), I received an offer for a 4-month contract. I expressed concern with the length of the contract, and they emailed around an hour later extending the offer to be 6 months.
The position has a higher pay than my current position, I currently make ~$26/hour on a 37.5 hour work week, and this offer is for $36.50/hour for a 35 hour work week.
My main concern is that it is a contract position and there is currently no possibility of extension. Also, it is in a much more formal work environment than I am used to and I would need to invest in more business-y attire than my current jeans/cardigan outfits.
If you were in my shoes, would you leave a permanent position for a 6-month contract?
Thanks in advance!
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: