How do I quit a job I haven't quite started yet? Don't want to burn a bridge.

(And now that's I'm on the appropriate sub...)

For background: I'm a college student. I'm taking 18 credits, working on undergraduate research, and I've just been approached for tutoring... among other things. To make matters worse, I'm going to be in a wedding in mid-April, and every weekend I'm not working, I'm driving 2+ hours (each way) to attend to some kind of wedding responsibilities.

I was very excited to start this new job, but it is physically and mentally demanding. (It's in the medical field.) So far, I've completed 2 informal training sessions for my new job. I don't necessarily want to lose it, but I'm not sure I have any other option. My first weekend of hands-on training should/will be this weekend. However, I know I'll be driving 4-hours round-trip this Friday for a dress-fitting/other bridesmaid duties, starting the training Saturday and Sunday, and let's not even talk about how much homework I have to do in between all of that.

I love being busy, but I think with the wedding, it's just too much for me right now. I hate that I have to make this choice, but I can only do so much. I have an incredibly strong work ethic, and I'm feeling a lot of guilt over this decision.

I think first and foremost: how would/should I approach my supervisor about this issue, especially in this field of work? What would you do? Do you have any advice? Would my chances for working at this company be ruined forever? (It's a college town, so I'm sure they've seen at least a few similar cases.)

...Or maybe I don't need to quit. What do you think?
Could I ask to postpone my start date? (How would I even go about doing that?)

Thanks for reading.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How do I quit a job I haven't quite started yet? Don't want to burn a bridge. How do I quit a job I haven't quite started yet? Don't want to burn a bridge. Reviewed by Louhi on mars 07, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.