In short, I graduated with a 2.57 GPA. Honestly, this was 95% due to my general apathy in college and my high school experience of not having to try to get A's, which made me think I was a genius and made me develop absolutely no study skills.
I came out of my first 3 years (6 semesters) with a 2.91, and a mindset that I have 2-3 more semesters to hit the big 3.0. Then came the 7th semester, which is where that 5% comes from.
My mom died of an arrhythmia four days into the semester with no prior heart conditions, and she was honestly the entirety of my support network. A deep, deep depression ensued and I stopped going to classes and finished with something like a 1.21 GPA for the semester. That semester put two F's, two D's and one B on my transcript. The following semester wasn't great either - I finished with a 2.75. Then my last (9th) semester I took only 2 classes - one B+ and one C+.
I've been reading up on how to go about explaining a low GPA, but I'm not sure if this is something that will come off as legitimate as it really was, or as a sob story/underhanded attempt to take less or no responsibility for my performance.
Normally, I would not think to mention this sort of thing in these circumstances, but after reading the narrative of "as long as there's gradual improvement/as long as you finished your last XX hours strong" that seems to be on every other piece of advice on the subject, I'm considering it.. because I obviously did far worse in my last 30-40 credit hours than in my first 80-90.
Is this something that I should mention?
If so, how should I approach it in a manner that does not make it seem as though I'm exploiting my mother's death to excuse a bad GPA?
If not, how does one explain a bad-turned-worse GPA like mine?
Thank you!
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: