"Co-worker" put in complaint

I've only been working in an office job for some three years now and got my first complaint from a "co-worker." I'm an HR Generalist department-of-one in a national hospitality company with over 1,500 employees (yes, really). The company holds the belief that the store managers, and especially the head manager, should be administratively competent and therefore our office staff is very, very small.

Essentially, I tried teaching one of the newer head managers a few things about our HRIS that he had questions on, as he is the primary contact for his store's HRIS. He did not seem to understand my explanations so I apologized and told him to call our dedicated customer service manager for the HRIS as what he was asking was a technical question that I was unable to answer more fully.

Apparently he did not like this and forwarded the e-mail thread to my boss, complaining and saying that I should have "just done it for him." My boss was nice about it but said that the only reason "we" (the office staff) have jobs is because of the store managers (to which I disagree - it's the hourly employees) and that we need to get them what they ask for and support them. Yet, in the same breath, told me that it is right of me to tell people how/ where to find things for themselves so they learn, which was confusing/ conflicting.

I have my performance review coming up and since this is my first ever complaint, I am wondering how badly they affect your review? Have you ever experienced something like this with a cross-state coworker and how do you get over it?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

"Co-worker" put in complaint "Co-worker" put in complaint Reviewed by Louhi on mars 08, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.