Becoming convinced I may be facing ageism

I'm 46. Certainly not a spring chicken, but neither do I have a foot in the grave. I look young, I'm energetic and dress well.

I have loads of experience in several areas, great references etc. I'm getting 1 or 2 interviews per week, but no offers.

What I've noticed, is that during these meetings, after the initial meet &greet, their faces change. Like I'm decades older than expected.

Talking to some friends today, both said it's likely I'm too old lol. That companies want kids fresh out of college, and not my age.

I leave with the sense I've bombed it, and immediately disappointed. I know I'm nervous, and definitely starting to hate interviews. Seems most of these HR people have their heads down scribbling the entire time, instead of a guided conversation. It's distracting and makes it difficult to answer behavior questions in a coherent fashion

In fact, my interview today, the HR guy handed me a list of 15 questions- 3 parts per. It was intimidating!!!

Does anyone have incite on the age issue? Because if this is the future of job hunting, I might start a small biz instead

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Becoming convinced I may be facing ageism Becoming convinced I may be facing ageism Reviewed by Louhi on mars 08, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.