Performance Improvement Plan - Need Advice

I work in the legal field and have been having issues at work due in part to the fact that I work in a pretty toxic environment, in part because this is my 1st job out of college and I am not sure I'm in the right field (I'm considering a career change) (there are also family health issues but I wont get into those). Anyway a new manager came in last year and I do not think he likes me (nitpicking on mistakes I make which when talking to coworkers, he doesn't mark theirs as mistakes).

Last December I got placed on a Performance Improvement Plan and the end date is coming up next week. I should never have signed it. Or rather I should have signed it writing "I acknowledge receipt" because I knew they were trying to push me out... the metric standards of improvement were too vague ("attention to detail", "communication") and they didn't show how these issues were being measured.

I am not sure if this is a good career fit (as noted above). I studied Econ in college so I've been applying into jobs using that ax well (data analysis, consulting etc.) I'm not sure if it is just this firm and I am not thinking clearly due to stress etc.

I've been applying to jobs since being placed on the Plan, had a couple 1st round interviews but no offers yet. I am pretty sure if I apply for UI (Unemployment) they will contest it and possibly win (they're lawyers...they've been documenting some mistakes which could possibly be seen as insubordination + I was late to work and didn't work the full number of hours required which was in my contract)

I do not want to end up in a bad situation financially. I don't have enough savings to tide me over for longer than a couple months. I could supplement income through part time work/ tutoring, though. Feb. is a good month for hiring, also, and I've been working with some recruiters so hopefully an offer will materialize soon (as long as I do not get bad-mouthed...)

I should have considered using FMLA as this job really has been impacting my mental health to the point where I may have qualified. I'm seeing a doctor next week anyway for my annual checkup so I can ask about it, but I think it may be too late, especially since I haven't been taking any anxiety meds or been to a mental health professional.

I'm worried about having a black mark on my resume/ for future job apps. Should I:

(a) resign next week (pros: can tell future employers I resigned, however HR may still disclose I'm not eligible for rehire (?), not using my supervisor as a reference anyway, he would say bad things - using a mentor/coworker instead

(b) let them terminate me (pros: possibly collect UI, however I think they would contest and dont think I could afford a lawyer to contest the claim; cons: I'm worried the places I'm interviewing with would find out and it would negatively impact my chances. Either way I am not sure how to best explain this to hiring managers, as the company culture simply wasn't a good fit for me, but I'm not if that sounds like I am deflecting blame or something).

For reference I'm 23 and this is my 1st job out of college. I'm still considering applying for law school.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Performance Improvement Plan - Need Advice Performance Improvement Plan - Need Advice Reviewed by Louhi on février 17, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.