My girlfriend has a "useless" degree, no transportation, and basically no experience. I'm all out of ideas. Please help.
She's got a popular music degree; she's concentrated in performance as she's a singer, but let's be real about the job market here.
She comes from a very low income family that unfortunately she had to get away from for a variety of reasons, and she's living with me now.
She has no car. She has no license. I have a car, but it's stick shift and she doesn't know how to drive it.
I'm in a really popular part of my town near a major college, so there's a lot of businesses nearby. Unfortunately most things we find are 2+hr bus rides away.
We've applied to administrative assistants, receptionists, front desk assistants, inside sales, customer service, data entry, etc.
There's only 2 things that have actually come through:
-
Outside sales 100% commission selling garbage nobody wants (shoddy credit card terminals), which would be basically 0 income
-
Cashier position at a family owned resteraunt right outside of my apartment complex, which she's working at now for minimum wage
Come mid-year she's going to owe $600/mo in student loan payments and I'm kind of freaking out. I've never felt so helpless. I make pretty solid money as a software developer, but supporting us both would be difficult. Doable, but not fun for anyone involved.
I need help. We have no idea where to go with this. The best scenario so far is maybe down the line she gets paid a dollar or two more an hour and maybe gets some more hours, but still she'd be making ultimately less than $10/hr full-time. Even if she got a waitress position... It's not the best outlook.
I've tried to get her into web development, and she likes making the web pages but she's a long, long ways away from getting paid for it being a realistic idea. So it's basically fallen off and not been touched since.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: