I'm stuck in the restaurant/service industry and need to get out ASAP, what are my options?

It started off as a part-time job in college, but after struggling to find a job after college (psych degree - I know, I know) I decided to stick with it because it was paying more than any other entry-level job would. However, I told myself it would be temporary. 6 mo - 1 year max.

3 years later, I'm still a fucking waitress. I stuck with it for so long because of 1. The money 2. It's flexible (I like to travel and also do some freelance film / video work on the side) 3. It's comfortable, I'm good at it and practically don't even have to think when working.

The main reason I need to quit is the hours are killing me and it's dead end. I don't want to do it forever. I essentially work Tues - Sat nights. I'm in my mid-twenties have absolutely no life outside of work. I wake up, shower, eat, go to work and get back at midnight. I have no passion for what I do and I know I'm not using my full potential. I never see my friends, my dating life sucks.

I feel like any entry level job I get at this point is going to be a paycut but it's worth it to me if I can get some of my life back. Ideally I would like something still semi-flexible but just with more regular hours, or at least weekends off.

With basically only waitressing under my belt for the last 3 years, what can I do? Am I qualified for anything?

Just some background info that might help: I live in NYC. I do have a degree although it's pretty irrelevant to me at this point. I'm interested in wine, have gathered a ton of wine knowledge but seems like a lot of distribution jobs posted online require experience. I also have done freelance work as a PA / other film dept's, it can be inconsistent but I would love a film-related job even if it's office. I'm seriously open to any suggestions / ideas though! I just need to get out.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I'm stuck in the restaurant/service industry and need to get out ASAP, what are my options? I'm stuck in the restaurant/service industry and need to get out ASAP, what are my options? Reviewed by Louhi on février 24, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.