Today’s date 1/24/19
I have been with my current company almost six months, but was in a seasonal position last September in the service center as a data assistant. Then I moved to lab for the winter and fortunately wasn’t lay off. Around that time I applied for a front desk seasonal position, but was offered an HR coordinator 1 position. My coworkers at the lab was giving me the big O since I just started but moved up. I took the position since Jan 7, but is always stress about paging people’s names. I suck at pronouncing or sounding out people’s name. My nightmare.
I have my eye on the county for months and finally the position I have been watching opens up, just right after I got the new position. I have taken the exam and assume I would pass the interview with my background. Although there is no offer as of yet, I am questioning rather I should leave if an offer is made. Below are some points.
Current job: HR Coordinator 1 - barely any work: lots of uploading documents, updating staff PTO/sick timesheets, and miscellaneous events/assignment. Oh, and that paging I really, really hate. It is usually the last step if I can’t get a hold of a lead or supervisors to sent the person up to hr. I am bound to mispronounce someone’s name. - really slow right now; meaning it’s good for me to leave so they won’t be screw or bombard with extra work when I do or trying to train a new staff if I go. - they are flexible meaning I can ask for half days or days off; plus, I won’t be behind in my work as of now. They say the fall would be busy, but I can’t see that as I don’t even do half of what the hr coordinator 2 do. I do have to take half days or even some days off because of my medical appointments I would have to go for me, and my parents. - salary is 15 an hour -very small team of four; an environment I like.
Desired county job: eligibility specialist - May not be as flexible since this position is allocated caseloads. Supervisors may not give half days or days off, or even if it is given I would probably be behind. - lots of work. Constant customer contact and glue to the desk the entire time. - need to check if there is a probation period - salary is 16.75 an hr - work in a bigger department; maybe would be break down to a smaller unit. - potential to other position and promotion according to the supervisor who came to present during exam - the burnout rate could be high since they open up for eligibility list every year. Or it could have a high rate of people moving up and/or out of the department. - my knowledge about the work environment and duties r limited
I have a BA in social worker and feel the county would be more on where I want to work, but it is indeed a lot of work, and fear I may end up not liking it; and with my current family situation I would need a lot of flexible time (almost two days every month) to ask for half days. It could be something I ask for if an offer was made, half days is better than no day off.
I honestly do like my current job as the work team is smaller; my coworkers r friendly and always willing to help; I do run out of things to do but that is good in its own way. If I need a reason to leave, I’ll leave it because of the paging (so self conscious about sounding out those names; I’m okay getting it wrong over the phone, but not over the big announcement) and the lack of knowledge about HR; yet I wasn’t expect to know as I made it very clear during the interview for the front desk interview of my degree. Despite the fancy title, I’m simply an assistant doing my usual data entry stuff. Any complex questions would be in the arena of the other coordinator 2.
I have to also consider that the federal government is having internal problem with the shut down and all; and it could affect my county or so.
Should I leave if an offer is made?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: