Job Offer the Same Day as Interview but I'm Underqualified

Today I had a round of interviews with a mid sized national accounting firm. I have no experience in accounting firms. I come from an administrative assistance position and I had originally applied for one with this company, but it was filled and an HR Recruiter/Rep emailed me with this one instead.

I interviewed with 3 different panels - a controller and the person I'd essentially be replacing (but also not really), a managing principal, and a director who would be my immediate supervisor.

The job is newish insofar as no one does it exclusively. What is it? I'm uncertain. They gave me a couple key points but ultimately it's either doing financial reconsoliation and payments internally AND/OR learning how to use their system to run reports for internal finances. It's clear they have a very respected work culture and the benefits and flexibility are exactly what I want. Proposed compensation hourly is $1 less than what I'm currently making, but I intend to counter offer.. Except..

I dont know why they think I'm qualified. I have little to no experience in anything they want and I made it very clear in my interview that under no uncertain terms was I coming in knowing much about how to do this job. I am proficient at Excel, I can do financial reconsoliation and payments, I can track invoices, but it isn't a primary function of my current job. Despite this, they interviewed me for an hour longer than the expected time, and called me back 4 hours later with a job offer. I stressed again to the HR rep that I wanted to ensure they were confident in this decision.

I interviewed at one other company today that is more in line with my skills, but the benefits are not as great and the flexibility wouldn't be what I want. I also think they have a very flexible timeline on when they want to hire, and the job that offered me a position wants to fill ASAP.

I have the weekend to consider the offer - how do you weight the options as far as qualifications goes? I'm willing to do whatever OTJ training at home I need to excel in this path, but I also want to make sure I'm not behind the curve.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Job Offer the Same Day as Interview but I'm Underqualified Job Offer the Same Day as Interview but I'm Underqualified Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 25, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.