I want to leave my job because I feel like I’m not developing my skills that I want to, and want to find a job where I can.
I’ve been at my current job (also my first job out of college) for a year. I’m in data analytics right now but this job, to me, is glorified data entry. Yes I gained skills in Excel and some ETL tools but I’m not allowed to (yes not allowed to) develop my SQL skills or other coding skills. I specifically asked my manager and our department manager during our “career review” that I want to be placed on more technical projects (specifically SQL) because it’s where I excel and what I’m interested in. They both seemed like they were listening and wanted to do that for me but nothing ever came from it. My manager has two people and herself that do all the SQL stuff on our team. I’ve been scolded by my manager and IT for coding in Python to automate my job duties because it’s not in my job description. They instead hired someone from outside our team to create innovative ideas and projects.
Obviously this is all super frustrating but I didn’t let it bring me down. I still go out of my way to learn SQL and Python at home. I’ve created the Python automations I use at work in my off time for fun. I’ve personally constructed my own database, loaded my own data, and crafted queries to analyze the faux data. I’m very confident in my SQL skills and I’m unable to even do simple SELECT Queries at work.
It’s at the point where I don’t went to salvage and try to talk to manager for more of these responsibilities. I want to leave (we’re also severely underpaid) and I’d prefer to move states too. I’m currently in the Midwest and want to go to the West coast (where the tech industry is booming).
My questions are:
-
How do I explain to hiring managers why I want to leave without ragging on my current employer?
-
How do I get a entry level-ish job in a different state with only one year experience?
-
Would you recommend just packing up and moving West(my lease is up in April), getting a part-time job while I search for full time work in the city I want to be in? I can’t seem to get OOS employers to bite so far.
Any other tips/experiences would be awesome as well.
Thanks!
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: