Overworking team members is resulting in crazy high turnover - how to address? (cross post to r/work)

So here is a summary of what I've noticed in my department (12ish people in a workplace with 125 staff) over the past 3 years.

  1. Someone quits or a huge new project is taken, and a team member is tasked with the duties of the position/project. On top of their normal full-time job. You're not allowed to say no.
  2. Fast forward 4-6 weeks and the person is clearly pushed to the breaking point.
  3. Right about now, they get in trouble for pushing back, saying "I can't take it anymore" OR for messing up somewhere along the line due to stress/overworked
  4. They get written up for not being a team player, having a bad attitude, or messing something up.
  5. Their (and the teams) morale plummets.
  6. More people quit, and the cycle continues.

This fresh hell is very real and I just don't know how to address it with leadership. It's a cycle, and frankly, I am so tired of seeing really amazing team members being dragged into it. It's clearly a cultural thing in my office, and particularly with leadership. I need WORDS I can use to explain to some very narcissistic leaders what is happening and why this has to change...

Also - how normal is this? I've only ever worked in Nonprofits so I always want to know about the real world.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Overworking team members is resulting in crazy high turnover - how to address? (cross post to r/work) Overworking team members is resulting in crazy high turnover - how to address? (cross post to r/work) Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 21, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.