I have a lower respiratory infection which triggered my asthma. But I don’t have any more sick time.
I’m in Pennsylvania.
I work in an inpatient rehab. This winter I cannot catch a break from being sick with bacterial infections from there which has made me have to call out way more than I’d like. My workplace is filthy and people are bringing in god only knows what. Despite hand washing and sanitizer, I’m catching everything known to man. All instances were documented by a doctors note.
I was diagnosed with asthma as a small child and really it doesn’t effect me.
I left work early last night and went to urgent care for a cough I just couldn’t control. They diagnosed me with an ear infection and a lower respiratory tract infection which triggered my asthma. Despite being on five prescription medications, I’m still coughing up a lung.
Urgent care provided me with a doctors note for two days to stay home and rest. I’m out of sick time due to the fact of multiple other infections, mainly strep throat. However, I have over 30 hours of vacation time.
I sent my boss a picture of my doctors note and told him I will not be in today due to having a respiratory infection and it triggered my asthma. I would re-evaluate tomorrow and let him know first thing in the morning if I would be in or not.
Despite my job being at a medical facility, I’m fairly confident my supervisor is at his wits end with me for being sick and constantly having to call out which has me nervous. I don’t have any verbal warnings or write ups regarding my attendance nor anything else for that matter.
I’m seeing that asthma is covered under the ADA but only for reasonable accommodations - absences doesn’t appear to be an accommodation.
What is typically done in this type of situation? Any recommendations?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: