Hi everyone! I finished my last exam Friday, and I'm looking at applying to jobs now. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed though, is this normal?
Details:
I finished a Bachelor of Computer Science in computer science, and also have a Bachelor of Commerce (honours business admin, specializing in operations management). I'm looking in my home city for IT jobs, or jobs that mix some sort of coding with supply chain management. I worked as a business analyst for a big company in the area during a 4-month paid summer position, which I'm hoping will help me out. I've also been a teaching assistant and research assistant in the past, but they were for the business school.
I'm not sure if this is common, but I'm finding that the job postings all deal with very specific software skillsets that I don't have. For example, job #1 is an IT-related job that uses a ton of JD Power software like "Object Management Workbench", and uses stuff like "OBI" and "Hubble". They ask for experience in these things that I've never heard of.
Job #2 asks for experience in "AAI", and throws a million more jargon words at me.
This goes on and on for every job posting I see, every one uses completely different software that I've never used, and asks for years of experience in specific software platforms. A lot of the stuff is enterprise-level stuff that I can't be practicing on, but even if I start looking up tutorials on all of this stuff, it's only going to be useful for these specific jobs.
If I spend a lot of time (weeks?) on tutorials for all of this stuff, then apply to a job and don't get an interview, it seems like a waste of time. Would it be better to apply to a lot of these jobs, and hope that someone takes a chance on me for an interview?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: