Sent a faulty resume on an email application; is it a bad idea to try and resend a better version?

Here's the lowdown:

A year ago, in my last semester as a student I participated in an intern program ran by my school where I was simultaneously a student with a collegiate adviser and an intern with an independent company in Washington, D.C.. That collegiate adviser and I are still very close, and he knows that I've been itching to move back to D.C. for work. He recommended I apply for a contracting fellowship at a company division presided by an older alumni of the program I was in and that he advises for. He said that the alumni was explicitly invested in hiring other alumni of the same program.

I submitted a resume and cover letter via email a week and a half ago; the cover letter was great, but I've really professionalized my resume since and upon review the one I sent was actually really shotty and I'm anxious that they won't seriously consider my application because of it. As a bonus, I looked at the alumni's LinkedIn profile without realizing it notified him, and he reviewed mine three days ago. My profile is a bit of a mess and before today didn't accurately reflect some of what I put on my application.

I'm glad to have learned a few key lessons from this, but the position is really attractive and I feel that aside from the LinkedIn and resume goofs I'm a serious candidate; especially with our shared alumni status. I'd like to try and salvage the situation if I can.

I was thinking about: messaging the executive on LinkedIn and trying to professionally emphasize/restate my interest in the position, or emailing the application address with an updated resume and the same cover letter and some sort of clarification/excuse. An example would be that I recently moved back home, and I could say that I was emailing them a resume with an updated location.

Would either of those two options feasibly pose a chance of helping me to correct the situation? Or am I better off waiting and hoping my cover letter/alumni status carries enough weight? I'm new to the professional job market and feeling a bit lost.

Thanks so much!

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Sent a faulty resume on an email application; is it a bad idea to try and resend a better version? Sent a faulty resume on an email application; is it a bad idea to try and resend a better version? Reviewed by Louhi on novembre 22, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.