I'm in the middle of a job hunt and I've just received an offer from a previous employer. I'm not ready to respond to it because I'm waiting to hear back on an application I submitted for a community college position. Typically if I were waiting this long for a response on a job application I would consider it a lost cause, however it has a closing date of Nov 23 so I assume their HR department won't begin the next step until Monday at the earliest.
Right now I have a steady sysadmin position but I'm suffering from burnout and I desperately need a change of pace. I have a background in marketing and enough experience monkeying around with websites to know that pursuing a career in web design could be fun.
My previous employer is offering me a full-time with benefits office manager position. I know their processes and estimate that I could keep myself busy 6 hours a day with office manager responsibilities and have +/- 2 hours a day to work on their website or study web and graphic design. I enjoyed working for this company and I know what to expect. The only downside is that it's a full-time position and I really wanted part-time. I asked and it doesn't seem like there is much flexibility there.
The job with the community college is part-time but does not offer benefits (I'd bum off my spouse for benefits). Instead, they offer (6) free credit hours per semester. There, I could take formal classes in web and graphic design. Of course, at this point I have no idea where I stand in comparison to their other applicants. I don't even know when they will be moving on to the next stage in the hiring process.
Of course one possibility is to accept the offer from my previous employer and just wait to see how things pan out with my other application, but how rude is that? I really don't want to burn that bridge.
Alternatively, could I be honest with my former employer? When I went in for my interview it was more like, "here are the job responsibilities, if you are interested the position is yours." The reason I want part-time is so I can spend more time with my newborn. So, it being a family business I think they could sympathize and give me more time to respond.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: