Submitting my resume when I don't meet qualifications but am confident I can do the job?

Long story short I'm getting paid laughable wages for the job I'm at, and I want to have an offer on the table before asking them to match or beat it. I have walked into two office jobs with little qualifications and have excelled at both. Skip to the bold if you don't want the nitty gritty...

It was originally supposed to be an Accounts Payable clerk and entirely data entry and filing. An employee outside my dept left and another went on maternity leave and won't be back until the new year, and I've taken on way more responsibility. To be fair, so has most everyone else since the employee who left was semi involved in every department. A raise is unlikely where I'm at, and if I do get one it might be 50 cents an hour, when realistically I could be starting $3/hr more at least if I switch jobs. The owner loves me, my direct boss is feeling relief from her duties, and I'm well liked in the office so I feel that they may match or beat an outside offer in order to keep me. The owner has say in my wages and while he's a practical man, he's also cheap. The company is not struggling financially by any means, though they are having a hell of a time finding a new hire in the accounting department, presumably because the owner balks at a $32,000 starting salary.

I came into this role with zero AP experience, but I did have some AR and office management experience. It was a 3 person operation, the owner died and my coworker was my subordinate and I don't have contact with him so a reference is unlikely. It's been 90 days since I began the new job and not only have I excelled at my tasks, but I've saved the company thousands of dollars so far while cleaning up payables and negotiating contracts. Through the magic of Google, I've taught myself Excel skills from scratch and have taught my direct boss a handful of things on Dynamics, a program I've never touched before this job. I came from retail/food service background before my prior office job and quickly learned the skills I needed and was able to take on more advanced tasks within 90 days.

I'm confident that what I lack in experience I make up for in ingenuity and the willingness to learn and go above and beyond.

I do not have a college degree but I do have some college credits. Most positions like mine want a degree and/or 2+ years AP experience. I'm willing to start at a probationary wage while I prove myself and learn the inner workings of a company. However, I wouldn't outright say this unless it was time to negotiate and of course would get it all in writing.

How do I convey this concisely in a cover letter or on my resume? Should I even bother? The initial plan was to stick around for a year but I'm working a side job to pay the bills while taking on a lot at the new gig. Any advice is helpful.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Submitting my resume when I don't meet qualifications but am confident I can do the job? Submitting my resume when I don't meet qualifications but am confident I can do the job? Reviewed by Louhi on octobre 16, 2018 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.