Spent half this year looking for work, the other half dealing with an injury. How should i approach my job search?
In 2018, I spent the first 6 months looking for work. I had last worked (Data Analyst) for 5 months up until the end of last year (temp position) and haven't been employed since. Because I'm living with my parents, not having a job isn't too much of a burden, and to make some cash, Ive driven for Uber. In July, I suffered an injury to my spine (3 disc herniations) that ended up requiring surgery and recovery, and so I stopped looking for work altogether to heal appropriately. Ended up having surgery in early September and was told by my surgeon to take it easy physically for 2 months. Although where Im looking to work and where I have worked before will pretty much be a desk job, its very important that i dont sit too long as it is counter-intuitive to my recovery. Now that my recovery period is close to ending, I know i have to start looking for employment.
How should i approach the way i look for work now that i am close to being physically able and ready? Even though the last 4 months or so i was physically unable to work, i feel the fact that i failed to land a position for 6 months prior to that raises red flags to employers.
I do want to mention that during my 4 months, especially before my surgery when i was bedbound most of the day, i decided to learn programming, starting off with Javascript. As i continue to keep up my training, I do want to extend my knowledge to other languages.
I would love some insight from anybody that came back to work after a long hiatus due to health problems or any other time-consuming obligations. Should I include something in my cover letter regarding my injury, etc.? How did you land a position and generally, how do employers respond to these dilemmas?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: