How do I approach a potential employer who passed me over but still wants to hire me?

Awkward title, wasn't sure how else to phrase it. Basically I found a job I REALLY want, and pays extremely well, AND I met all the qualifications with around 10 years experience in the particular fields they want.

But they passed me over because I told them I would need a minimum of 3 weeks to move. I explained that includes giving my 2 weeks at my current job as well as packing and moving, the drive alone being between 3 and 4 days to arrive. They said they want someone who can start RIGHT NOW, not in 2 or 3 weeks, and said they would "keep me in mind after the position was filled and they have more time to look for more help" however it has been 2 weeks now and they are still actively hiring for the position, and due to lockdowns and mask mandates being lifted the particular industry is going to be picking back up very soon.

So how do I reapproach them and ask about the job without sounding like I'm saying "Hey, I see you haven't filled that position yet, I'm still an option?"

I can't stress enough how much I want this job either, it's a job that directly deals in my hobbies, in a city where said hobby has a large following due to the company that produces for it, and the pay starts at $25 an hour, which for me is a lot. Minimum wage where I live now is $10 and after working my current job since 2013 I only make $17.80, and if I wasn't a "manager" that would only be $14.80, so the high pay, field relating to my hobbies, and great city all makes it just a dream job.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How do I approach a potential employer who passed me over but still wants to hire me? How do I approach a potential employer who passed me over but still wants to hire me? Reviewed by Louhi on mai 15, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.