Out of Work for over a Year (How to Apply?)

I've been working in accounting jobs ever since COVID for about 2 years till I got laid off at my previous job due to it being an accountant position for restaurants (since multiple of them shut down). I've been on unemployment benefits ever since, but lately it just seems like I have no luck on competing with the current job market. I sometimes get near the end, and then they pick someone else, or sometimes I don't even make it through the first interview. I have a huge gap in my resume now and I was wondering what I should do about it. Is there any way I can explain to employers?

Should I extend the length of my job range periods so that the gap looks smaller? I haven't been able to go out and do much since I too am worried about being out in public with COVID, so I have been taking care of myself.

Right now I have extended the length of my past job, which I know is lying to the employer, would they really check into that? It helped me get some interviews and I was able to explain why, but I feel like it's not helping my case as much.

I have constantly been applying hard these past 6 months to jobs on Indeed, and some on Craigslist, but I feel like I'm just getting no where. I got laid off in late March, so it's been about 1 year and a month now since I have been unemployed.

Other information about me: I am a 25 year-old Asian man (turning 26 this year), graduated with a B.A. in Economics but I have been working in accounting positions since graduation (2018 - 2020), then got laid off in March 2020. Positions I've held were accounting clerks, accounting assistant, staff accountant, bookkeeper (so mostly entry level positions).

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Out of Work for over a Year (How to Apply?) Out of Work for over a Year (How to Apply?) Reviewed by Louhi on avril 26, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.