Rescinding my acceptance of a job offer after signing a contract

I entertained an offer from company A because company B ghosted me after telling me they wanted to make an offer. Unsure of why I was being ghosted, I decided to accept Company A’s offer, and signed the dotted line. Now, company B has finally come forward with an offer, and I’m in a bit of a sticky situation

Aside from the obviously unethical act of rejecting an offer after formally accepting it, I have a couple of points to consider:

Company A is more structured and solitary, which I’m more comfortable with. The company itself is reputable and has tons of room for growth, with a great salary and stock options to boot.

Company B is a good company with a good salary, but it’s more of a start-up, and I already feel stressed about the prospect of working overtime and “defining my role” as I go. It’s also more of an extroverted, marketing-type job, which I’m just not used to. Now, I’m 25 years old, and I consider myself up for the challenge of learning new professional skills and throwing myself into new situations, but I’m not sure if this is a career choice I’ll be happy with long-term.

Is it worth going through the unpleasantness of rescinding my acceptance in order to move forward with the other company? I checked the contract and it says “employment can be terminated at will at any time by either party” so I think I’m ok legally. Any advice is appreciated.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Rescinding my acceptance of a job offer after signing a contract Rescinding my acceptance of a job offer after signing a contract Reviewed by Louhi on avril 28, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.