Job wants me to work remotely 8 hours a day but spread out throughout the day so I wouldn’t have overtime, with uncertain hours. Is this legal?

I work for a tech consulting firm based in India. I’m sure some of y’all can guess which company. But this is what my day looks like

9 AM - meeting that can go til 10:00 but usually lasts 15 minutes

10:30 - 5:00 P.M. first round of “loads” that can go up until 9 pm but usually stop around 5

6:30-7:45 second round of loads that usually end at 7:15 but can go for an unspecified amount of time depending on how many errors there are

I’m in the U.S. and don’t know how to handle this situation. I’ve tried talking to my manager about overtime but they basically said “oh but you have a break during these hours” which is true I’m not working usually but it’s impossible to live a life or plan anything around. It means I can’t really go to the doctors, grocery shop or even go to the gym on weekdays. An hour and a half max is barely enough to do anything. To make matters worse we never know when the jobs will finish so I can’t plan anything with friends.

I think I’ll be paid overtime for when I actually work over 8 hours but I don’t know if I should argue the time in between (ie 9:15-10:00) should count as time I’m “working”. Im basically expected to be on call most of the day.

It is an Indian company and my coworker is Indian and doesn’t even get overtime so I feel a little bad complaining because the job itself is pretty easy and I’m lucky to have a job right now but I’m going crazy. I’m already isolated working from home and not being able to see friends is only going to make things worse :(

I graduated May 2020 and this is my first job out of college so I don’t know how to handle this. I want my bosses to like me but also being on call 11 hours a day without being paid for it is insane.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Edit: I’m paid hourly and eligible for overtime

Edit 2: this is all a little confusing sorry but basically the gist of it is my company wants me to be “on call” for 10.5 hours a day with a 30 min break in the morning I don’t have to worry about. Should I log the hours I need to be on call as overtime?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Job wants me to work remotely 8 hours a day but spread out throughout the day so I wouldn’t have overtime, with uncertain hours. Is this legal? Job wants me to work remotely 8 hours a day but spread out throughout the day so I wouldn’t have overtime, with uncertain hours. Is this legal? Reviewed by Louhi on mars 01, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.