Interviewer talked most of the time and was confusing. Help.

I had a 30 minute interview with the hiring manager (HM), who is a VP. The company is a fast paced and growing internet startup, valued in the billions. The role I am interviewing for is mid-senior level. These facts hopefully give more context of the situation.

First I had an interview with the recruiter, who mentioned that my resume was already reviewed by the HM, which is why I was invited to meet. But the HM talked 75% of the time about what they are looking for, the team they are building, their vision, how awesome the team will be, etcetera. I prepared for a week for this interview, but after it was done, I felt like I did not have enough time or a platform to dive deeper into examples as to why I am a great fit for the role. The HM was going a mile a minute. At times, it felt like the HM was selling me on the team and role, but at other times we had a healthy debate on certain topics.

The overall feeling was positive, but I do not know where I stand seeing that I have never had an interview with a HM who did not ask for data-based examples of my skillset. Rather the interview was mostly conceptual, high-level, the HM talking a lot, and me peppering in my thought-process here and there. My online application is still in the interview stage so hopefully I did not do that bad.

So what is the deal? Anybody experience a similar interview? What was your outcome?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Interviewer talked most of the time and was confusing. Help. Interviewer talked most of the time and was confusing. Help. Reviewed by Louhi on mars 01, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.