I have never worked in an office doing sales and marketing before so I'm unsure I should take the leap to a new profession.

An employer reached out to me because my online profile matched what they are looking for.

I have a good amount of sales experience and scored:

Verbal communication - Highly Proficient
Warehouse associate - Highly Proficient
Analyzing data - Proficient
Workplace safety - Expert
Marketing - Highly Proficient
Typing - Completed
Management & Leadership Skills - Proficient
Sales Skills - Highly Proficient

I'm 53 and I do not have a resume that's any where near accurate or would show a background for such a position other than retail sales and trade sales. I've lost documentation of places, address, phone numbers and contacts.

I've mostly done trade work, construction, HVAC (heating and cooling) and the like. Working as an HVAC service technician included trouble shooting the issue and then selling the equipment and marketing the company.

I was out of the workforce for 12 years as a family caregiver for 5 people who have now passed on. 2 years ago I returned back to work as a retail clerk at an autoparts store and moved my way into the position of assistant manager of the store without the title. Within 2 months of starting is was in the top 2 for sales and #2 for KPI's. But I was working 45/55+ hour a week at less than a living wage. I want more than that. It is just enough to survive renting a room from friends while having heavy debt from taking 12 years off to care for people with cancer and birth defects. I do not have any certifications for health care as I did it for family and am now done and free to pursue a career.

I just want to support myself without having to work myself into the ground. I can't do HVAC anymore due to my age, physical condition and time out of the game as so much has changed in the last 14 years. Also I cant stand the fact that ill be rooting around in someone's basement or climbing ladders while I'm trying to sell the customer something they never wanted and/or cant afford.

I truly want an inside sales job or equivalent so that I can use my skills to better myself. Retail keyholder under store manager does not pay well in my area. And from my experience the store managers only want a workhorse so the profits are good and they don't have to do the work and don't have to cover call offs.

How do I prepare myself for a sales and marketing position? I have no college experience and do not want to go in blind and end up failing or becoming jaded.

I just want to be prepared if I start marketing myself for the position and actually do land a job in the industry.

The question is how do I prepare myself, what will I be looking at on a day to day basis, what should i study to make sure I'm prepared?

What is expected of me as a sales and marketing employee and how do I prosper at the position.

Any and all advice is welcome. TIA

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

I have never worked in an office doing sales and marketing before so I'm unsure I should take the leap to a new profession. I have never worked in an office doing sales and marketing before so I'm unsure I should take the leap to a new profession. Reviewed by Louhi on janvier 29, 2021 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.