Why are recruiters so awful at their jobs? (From a recruiter)

Hi! Just had to rage post here amongst friends. I'm a recruiter currently job searching (I'm just re-entering the workforce after taking a year off) and I can not believe how incompetent 90% of recruiters are. It's actually infuriating and I feel so sorry for all of the candidates out there.

Speaking from experience, it's not a hard job. There can be high volume at times, but the extent to which my recruiters are failing me is just baffling. They don't respond to emails, they don't know about the jobs they're hiring for, they can't keep the process organized--what CAN they do? One of my recruiters took me through the process, then over halfway through told me she had told me the role was in the wrong location. After agreeing to the new location, she moved me to a whole different ROLE, then when I brought it up, she ghosted me. Another recruiter moved me to a second round of interviews, but gave me no info on what the interview entailed, even though the interview scheduler stated to expect an email with details from the recruiter ASAP. Even after I followed up, no response. Had to go into the interview blind. I'll have you know, recruiters have all these emails in TEMPLATES--it takes 5 seconds to send it to a candidate.

I just don't get it. I, as a recruiter, would never leave my candidates to just flounder around. I feel bad! It makes me uncomfortable and I know that it reflects poorly on me. And I genuinely feel invested in my candidates! I want them to do well! I can understand if I don't hear back after the recruiter screen (but honestly, not really--just send out the template), but if there's poor communication at any point from the second interview or beyond, it's honestly ridiculous. YOU SHOULD NOT BE A RECRUITER IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CANDIDATES. Period.

Sigh, I'm just really disheartened by the amount of terrible ones. It makes an already difficult job search that much harder. I apologize on behalf of recruiters and hope you all cross paths with some good ones.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Why are recruiters so awful at their jobs? (From a recruiter) Why are recruiters so awful at their jobs? (From a recruiter) Reviewed by Louhi on novembre 13, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.