I’ve been working a full time job as a delivery driver at an Edible Arrangements store since August and in my opinion, and the opinion of my coworkers, I am the most dedicated delivery driver we have. Right when I started working here all the other drivers were fired for work related reasons (yes, literally all 4 of them except for me) which left me delivering alone for 10+ hours a day for about 2 weeks straight. Since then we have had countless other similar situations, so I basically have been completely essential to keep the business alive the whole time I’ve been working here. I requested 2 days off per week when I started working and then asked again a month or two later when I wasn’t getting what I asked for. Regardless of this, I have worked almost every day since I have gotten this job, I’ve never had more than 2 days off in a row, and I’d say about 1/3 of the weeks I don’t get any days off. I’m fine with the work because I’m just taking the semester off from college so I’m not doing anything better and the money is always nice, but at this point I’m getting fed up. My boss asked me a few times if I could work “Thanksgiving week” and I told him yea, assuming he meant the week and not the actual day. Lo and behold today I find out not only are we open on thanksgiving, but he’s expecting me to work; and it will most likely be a 12+ hour day. On top of that we’re short on staff this week so I won’t have a day off until at least the 27th. I feel deceived and used and frankly I’m just infuriated at this point. I’m always INCREDIBLY easygoing when it comes to working, I really don’t care if I’m working or not most of the time and I never complain but I just feel like my boss is being completely ignorant of the fact that I have a family and a life away from work that I’m just being denied of for the next two weeks.
I’ve been wanting to leave for a while now and at this point I want to ASAP. I very strongly do not want to work on thanksgiving and I want to tell him that, but I’m also afraid if I leave this close to thanksgiving the store will be understaffed and I’ll basically just screw my coworkers with more hours (because God knows he won’t hire anyone new). Is there any way I can do this without seeming like I’m being ignorant or should I just tough it out through these 2 weeks.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: