Hello! I find myself in a very strange situation and wanted advice on how to put in my notice.
Earlier this summer, my company had two high level managers and two executives leave without any notice as a result of new changes from our corporate office such as compensation changes and new metrics that were very hard to reach. Their departures threw us into a tailspin and my direct manager ended up quitting as well.
The company had to consolidate some our branches (instead of hiring replacements) and ended up promoting me. I was supposed to be joining two of my coworkers at a different branch about two months ago but this had been continuously delayed due to some other factors. During this time, I decided to start applying for other jobs because I wasn't very happy but nothing really came of it besides an interview for another role, which I did not get.
Well, the two coworkers I was supposed to be joining ended up putting in their notices two weeks ago and I was immediately shifted over to their branch so they could train me and introduce me to their clients. They were the only two people working in this branch (besides the manager) so it was imperative that I get there to start picking up the slack and to train. I was joined by another employee from a different branch. I should note that the manager did not react well to the employees putting in their two weeks. He became my new manager.
I had expressed some trepidation to upper level management about going to the new branch as the two employees that had quit had done so due to stress and now I was going to be there managing all of their clients while learning all the ins and outs of that branches business. I was convinced by the to stay and move branches. I've spent the past two weeks training and meeting my new clients.
About a week ago, I got a call that the company I had previously interviewed for had another position that I might be interested in. I had no idea that this was coming and was not actively looking for work when I agreed to move branches. However, this opportunity would be more of what I want to do with my career, higher pay, and has the ability for me to work from home, so I pursued it. I got the job and got the official offer letter yesterday, Friday. That same day I found out about someone else quitting in another branch, causing the company to be even more understaffed.
Now I need to put in my two weeks. I plan to officially accept the offer on Monday but will still need to clear a background and clear references before I can start the job (obviously, I don't anticipate this being an issue at all).
One of the biggest issues is that I have had a trip scheduled for months (for personal family reasons) that would conflict with my two weeks. If I gave my two weeks on Tuesday, for example, I would be leaving for my pre-approved trip on Friday and would be gone for the following, full week. Obviously, this is a huge issue. I also have "unlimited PTO", so they don't have any obligation to pay PTO out to me as it's not "racked up".
My question is, how to proceed with starting the new job and giving my notice. Should I ask to start my new job after three weeks after putting in my notice so that I can give my company a full two weeks so they can transition? I am not fully sure that they will even want me to stay, as I am leaving for a company in the same industry as them and my departure will completely cripple them. My guess is that they will ask me to just leave. In that case, I would just like to start my new job after I come back from my trip. I'm struggling with the best way to handle this. Does anyone have any advice on how to give my notice and start my new job with all of this information in consideration? I might be overthinking it but I'm feeling extremely anxious about the situation as the company is going to be in a bad spot when I leave.
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: