Hey, everyone!
The job description for this tech support position listed a salary range of 53k - 77k USD, usual Monday to Friday, with a few hours on the weekend.
As I was doing research about the company though, I saw their other job posts from July and August for the same position where the salary range was different. It was in the company's local currency (AUD) of around 50k - 69k. That's around 36k - 50k USD.
I live in a third world country, so any of this is already a lot, but I still want to be paid what's fair for the role, so I was good with 54k. I was thinking, it's the lower end of 53k - 77k USD but still within reach of 36k - 50k USD in case they made a mistake.
During the interview, they asked me about salary expectations, and I clarified if the range was indeed 53k - 77k *USD* as stated in the job description I saw, and the interviewer said yes, so I gave him 54k to 57k. He said it was a little high(???) but he noted it down.
Not an hour after the interview, he emailed me saying they revised the salary range to 33k - 50k USD, and if that would still be within my range.
I would have appreciated it if they just outright said they made a mistake with the job description by listing AUD numbers instead of USD, but without that explanation, I'm worried that I might be getting shortchanged because they know I live in a country where wages are way way less.
I responded by asking about benefits, and they just rehashed the ones on the job description, and when pressed for more about health insurance, they replied after several days with what they say is an "industry standard" $50/mo. (again, not sure if USD) for coverage in my country (they made sure to specify that).
I'm not sure how to proceed. I'm getting not so good vibes from the company from this exchange, but I don't know if I'm just being unnecessarily paranoid. What do you guys think?
TLDR: Company lowered salary range by more than 30% without explanation. New salary range seems low for the role, but would still be a lot for where I live. What do I do?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: