Mental health advice for those stuck in a horrible job?

Before anyone says “Apply for other jobs if your unhappy”, I am actively applying for other gigs but I’m having zero luck.

In the meantime, I’m internally suffering because I’m spending 40+ hours a week at a place that now makes me miserable because of a change in management made at the beginning of the pandemic. Now my new boss is a micromanaging, condescending, mansplaining, self-righteous asshole. I spend the work day worrying about what unfair criticisms he’ll give me about my work. He’s constantly changing the goal posts for what he deems good enough for his standards...sometimes it seems like he’ll contradict what he previously said once I meet his demands just to make me feel like I’m not good enough. He speaks to me like I’m dumb even though I had to train him on how to do half of his job. He’s super unreasonable, doesn’t listen to others, and he feels the need to dominate every conversation and situation. Whenever I have an idea in a meeting that others like, he looks threatened and basically paraphrases what I say and presents it like it’s his idea. I spend every work day yearning for the clock to hit 5pm and I spend the weekends praying for time to slow down because I dread 9am Monday which starts a whole new week of hell.

I can’t even really complain about him to his boss because he has his boss wrapped around his finger (which is how he got promoted to be my boss to begin with) and he hasn’t really broken any rules? He’s just rude and annoying AF and when you try to compromise or tell him what is bothering you he shoots it down and decides his way is right and he doesn’t need to change.

TL;DR I’m in a constant state of dread and sadness because my job sucks and no place I’ve applied to is hiring me so I can get out of this hell. How do those of you who also feel stuck in your jobs deal?

Talking to my friends, watching Netflix, and the occasional evening cocktail helps here and there, but not much. I feel so hopeless, angry and sad.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Mental health advice for those stuck in a horrible job? Mental health advice for those stuck in a horrible job? Reviewed by Louhi on octobre 11, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.