Taking a 42 hour a week job vs. a 60 hour a week job

I feel like I'm reaching a sort of burnout period in my work-life again. I drive semi-trucks for a living and the only major bill I have is a pickup truck payment that eats up 50-60% of my pay(not going to get into that). Anyways, the current company I'm with is okay for now. No over-the-road, or 48-state driving at the moment. But with recent management changes for the 4th time in the the three-plus years I've been there, that could all easily change.

I recently put in apps with a few different companies. One is a local job where I hostle trailers between a dropyard and a processing plant, and only work 3.5 nights on/3.5 nights off. Another job requires me to commute and/or eventually move 2 hours away and is 5-on/2-off and deals with fuel hauling.

Both of these jobs are 12 hour shifts and pay OT after 40(current job only pays me by the load, but at the moment I could just show up on my scheduled nights at whatever time I please.) While one job offer has more pay and benefits, the other one gives me a little more time off each week and I could easily supplement it with driving for a second company part time. The full-time local job, coupled with doing a long-haul trip once or twice a month seems like my likely pick at the moment.

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Taking a 42 hour a week job vs. a 60 hour a week job Taking a 42 hour a week job vs. a 60 hour a week job Reviewed by Louhi on février 16, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.