Uncertainties for a new employee: no projects due to coronavirus. Would it be fine if I propose some arrangements with them?

I got a job offer months ago, which I already signed. But due to the coronavirus, my start date was adjusted to a later date. Now I am in contact again with my future employer, but there was an issue: I may have no project to work on due to coronavirus (in the location that I was supposed to work, projects were greatly affected). Even so, they tried to find something else suitable for me, but in a different location. This location is definitely not what I initially wanted, and definitely something I will not consider even if I will be receiving twice of what I am earning as the working and living conditions (pertaining to the city, not the company) there would be almost the same as to where I am now.

Now I am thinking, would it be fine to ask them maybe to adjust again my start date to a later date, or until they can find a project suitable for me in my preferred location? For me, this would be a win-win situation because: 1. I have not submitted my resignation, so my current work is still safe 2. I will eventually get what I wanted, even if it gets delayed 3. Company will have a "back-up" resource as soon as they need one (like an employee bench, but is not paid)

For me, their current position is understandable. Coronavirus has greatly affected almost everything. I think I'm still lucky that they have not rescind or cancelled the offer given the situation. But they may also do it in case it is really not going good for them, right?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Uncertainties for a new employee: no projects due to coronavirus. Would it be fine if I propose some arrangements with them? Uncertainties for a new employee: no projects due to coronavirus. Would it be fine if I propose some arrangements with them? Reviewed by Louhi on juin 03, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.