Hi all!
First of all, thank you so much for all of your advice on pay negotiation. I used some of the tips I read on here to get a higher offer at the job I wanted!
Here's my current situation. I am currently employed full-time in a hospital. I've been actively looking for other jobs because my current job doesn't pay enough, and my supervisor is aware of this. I've recently received two offers from two different companies I've been interviewing with for the last three-four weeks. The first offer pays slightly more (~$1/hr more), but isn't necessarily exactly what I want to do and the office environment seems a little stiff. The second offer pays slightly less and I have to commute a little farther, but it sounds much more rewarding and in line with what I want to do in the future. The second job is definitely a smarter career move. For that reason, I've chosen to take the second offer, as the pay they're offering still meets my bottom line.
However, originally the second job was going to pay me $2/hr less than the first job, and because I didn't anticipate them being able to give me more, I accepted the offer with the first job. I've started filling out some preliminary paperwork with the first job, but haven't gotten far in that process. I accepted the first job's offer the same day I had a third interview with the second job. Two days later, the second job called to offer me the job and I was actually able to increase my starting pay by $1/hr (meaning I would only be paid $1/hr less than the first job). Because I always wanted the second job more and know it would be better for my career, I've gone ahead and accepted that job. My question is, how do I go about telling the first job it's not going to work out since I already accepted their offer?
TLDR: I accepted a less interesting job with higher pay before receiving another offer for a more rewarding job with lower pay. Trying to figure out how to tell the first job that it's not going to work out.
TIA!
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: