How to cope with domino effect rejections + pick yourself up + strategies for overly qualified candidates to find roles
I graduated 3 years ago from an Ivy League school and have spent 2.5 years working for an extremely well known and prestigious brand that definitely looks good on paper. (Just giving this info so you have some background of where I’m coming from)
That being said, I had an extremely abusive manager by the end of my time at this company, and I was let go because the division was getting eliminated, but the manager made it seem like it was because she wanted to specifically personally fire me (which she did want to do for sure, she made my life hell for 3 months).
I’ve been applying rigorously to all kinds of jobs in all kinds of industries (far before corona), and it always seems that when I get to the second or third round interviews and they’re choosing among candidates, there’s always someone “slightly more qualified” than me. Especially with corona, jobs that I FOR SURE thought I could snag (aced the interview, connected with the team, was overqualified for), I’m still getting the same message: “there were several overqualified candidates for this position and we chose someone whose experience is more relevant [to the industry/niche/etc].”
I know it sounds dumb, but every single time I get a rejection, especially after interviews where I connect with the team and know I could do well in the job, I get incredibly unmotivated to continue looking and get severely depressed. Like if I can’t get a job I’m overqualified for (but someone who is more qualified can) and connect with the team, how on earth am I supposed to have faith that I’ll ever find a job?!
I’m sure so many people are going through the same thing right now with corona, but it just takes a lot out of me since I’m having these kinds of interactions/rejections on a nearly weekly basis. And it doesn’t help that my boss fired me from my last job, though I know it was for uncontrollable reasons, she mentally abused me and yelled at me on a daily basis and basically said since my first week that I was unqualified for the job, therefore making my firing more of a personal move than stating WTF was actually going on at the company (this division no longer exists BTW - everyone eventually got fired, and she was the first to go, due to her horrible and evil work morale).
I guess my whole point with this rant is:
1) how do you guys suggest I pick myself up and motivate myself to continue applying for roles? It just seems all so hopeless at this point. 2) when I DO get interviews, I get incredibly nervous for them because I think that the same thing is just going to keep happening over and over again. If you have suggestions to be less nervous about this that would be great. 3) do you think it could make sense to hire a recruiter, and if so, have any of you used any companies you liked or even have specific people you worked with (you can privately DM me)?
I would really appreciate any advice y’all have to give, and I know everyone is going through a tough time right now it’s not just me. We’re all in this together folks and hope everyone is staying safe ❤️
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: