How do I tell if a job offer is a scam?

A few months back I applied to a sales executive job for a company in the UAE (I am in the US). We tried to arrange a good time to have a Skype interview but nothing ever came to fruition and my last email went without a reply.

A week ago the CEO (who was the person I was exchanging emails with) reached out and asked if I was still interested in discussing the role. We chatted over Skype and he sent me a contract in which I would receive 30% equity stake in the business.

Now this is a technology company and I'm perfectly happy doing tech sales (even if it's commission only), but something doesn't add up for me. The website looks legitimate (though a little less than aesthetic) and the email came from the site domain (as opposed to Gmail or some other email provider). Furthermore, I haven't been asked for any personally identifying info other than my name and work history (which was on my resume and also on my public Linkedin), nor have I been asked for any money. I would be US-based, so no need for me to travel anywhere.

Essentially the job would be for me to find US-based customers for the business and get a commission from the sale. I just don't know how customary this is. Am I missing something here?

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

How do I tell if a job offer is a scam? How do I tell if a job offer is a scam? Reviewed by Louhi on juin 02, 2020 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.