So I found this "job" on indeed, at first the title was "Account Representative- Administration" and I applied to it and within the next day I got an email job offer asking me to fill out an application through an external website. It seemed legit and the only real information I gave them was my resume and my home address so that kinda worries me.
Now this is the part where I could definitely knew it was a scam, too good to be true:
They told me I would be making $900 weekly to complete 3 "tasks", or $300 each and I would be working from home on my own time. Basically for my first "task" or to see if they can trust me, they want me to cash in a money order check for $1000 to buy medical supplies for kids in a foster home.
Now there are just so many red flags I see after doing some research:
-
Why would give some random person they've never met or interviewed $1000 right away
-
They want me to notify them when I cash the check(probably so they can get my bank account information or something)
-
Minor grammatical errors in their emails and they are now communicating with me through text messages
-
The phone number and the email they are using to communicate with me do not match up to the ones under the job description ad, in fact I can't even find anything related to it
-
They are asking me to cash checks for them already, even though they've never met me or done any interview
Here was the job description:
The project is slated for 90 plus days but could go longer due to current conditions. The job is flexible and can be completed at your convenience time; it can be done during your break-time too.
Work Schedule:
You can set your own hours, get paid weekly, and earn high. Good things happen when people have the freedom to set their own schedule, whether it’s about spending more time with family or choosing when to work. Join now & Set your own schedule.
Specific duties and Requirements of the role are as follows:
Requirements:
Must be authorized to work in the United States The ideal candidate is someone who is eager to learn and coach-able. The ideal candidate must be professional He should be time oriented(able to meet deadlines), and driven. The Candidate will work from home for the first two weeks & must be able to train with me during the first two weeks to learn the nature of the job hands on, (persons with related experience is a plus). Duties will include but are not limited to:
Running errands, shopping, supervisions and monitoring Scheduling programs, flights and keeping me up to date with my schedule. You will also act as an alternative telephone correspondence when I'm away Make regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf Most importantly handle and monitor my financial activities. Wages:
The pay is $900 weekly and you can get to work at your flexible hours as this means this won’t affect your present job already if you have one.
Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary, casual environment, and generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and much, much more!
We can arrange a formal interview with you for necessary paperwork soon. And give you a tour of the Organization and introduce you to specific individuals you will be working with.
If you possess the above experience and attributes, we would love to hear from you!
Now I didn't realize it was a scam yet, but they already sent the money order to my address, it's supposed to arrive tomorrow.
Obviously I want nothing to do with money laundering, scams, or illegal businesses/gangs coming after me, I don't want to touch anyone's drug money or anything.. I just wanted a job man
How do I get out of this in the safest way possible? Should I just tell them I'm not interested and send the money back?
They do have my address and resume, so I don't know if its ok to just ghost them?
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official
Aucun commentaire: