Should I take a (less stressful but less “prestigious”) job for $6k/year less?

I am currently in a management position and interviewing for a non-management position, both in fields that are not what I ultimately want to do (work in the school system as a school psychologist - which is a few years away for me, schooling-wise). My rent is relatively cheap and within the “acceptable” range if I took the new job, but I don’t want to make a dumb decision just because I want to get out of a (well paying) job that feels insecure and unstable and like I want to cry about every day I come home from work (late). I’ve worked for difficult owners before, but I get such a bad feeling about this... Redditors, I need your wisdom!

What would you do?

Details below for those who want more info.

My current job: - unstable, constantly get told that things I do aren’t good enough but with no direction on what the owner wants - recently acquired by a new owner who essentially wants everyone fired. Many people have left because of one of the owners being sexist/racist (HR does nothing when told about these incidents - except tells the perpetrator - so I don’t want to go to HR). Owner does not listen unless it’s a man speaking (seemingly) - toxic leadership, talks down about staff behind their backs (if someone’s not at a staff meeting, it’s kind of the unspoken rule that everyone blames that person for various company failures) - does not offer benefits such as health insurance, vision, dental or 401k - does give me a commission (which almost covers what I pay out-of-pocket monthly for health insurance) - salaried which is great in one aspect but I usually work 50 hours/week. With the upcoming minimum wage increase, they’re talking about removing all salaried associated to hourly so that they don’t have to pay more (in my state, it’s required all salaried associates make 2x minimum wage) - small company so there’s a lot of theoretical room for growth, but also requires a lot of doing-multiple-peoples-jobs and is not well established (potential to grow later, maybe) - no paid time off besides sick leave (when I was hired, the GM said it was in the works, but then she left due to the owner and there’s been no word since)

The new job: - not a management position, clock in/clock out kinda thing (a “step down”) - larger, well established company - I would make $6k (in-pocket, accounting for taxes and etc) less a year - they do offer benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability, 401k) - free meals - Robust HR department who at least seem to care about associates

usa jobs
usa jobs resume
usa hotel jobs
usajobs
usa jobs federal government
usa job in ksa
usa jobs
usa jobs login
usa jobs gov
usajobs.gov
www.usajobs.gov
usajobs.com
usajobs
usajobs.gov official

Should I take a (less stressful but less “prestigious”) job for $6k/year less? Should I take a (less stressful but less “prestigious”) job for $6k/year less? Reviewed by Louhi on décembre 18, 2019 Rating: 5

Aucun commentaire:

Fourni par Blogger.